Effective Date: May 25, 2018
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
We collect the following types of information about you:
- Information you voluntarily provide to us:
- Information we collect automatically:
- Information we may receive from third parties:
- We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our websites or Service through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Instagram or through Facebook, by “following,” “liking,” adding a 3DPrinterOS application, linking your account to the 3DPrinterOS Service, etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to 3DPrinterOS. This information may include without limitation, your name, birthday, gender, user ID number, user ID number of your friends, the email address associated that account, your profile picture, address and your physical location. We may also collect additional information regarding your hobbies, interests or “likes” that you make available through your profile on third party services. This information could also include an access token necessary to access that service, any other information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. We may group this and other information with your personal information. We may use the information regarding your hobbies, interests, and other information you make available through third party services for the purpose of suggesting content to you that we believe you will find interesting.
- If you allow us access to your friends list, your friends’ user IDs, and your connection to those friends, may be used and stored to make your experience more social, and to allow you to invite your friends to use our Service as well as provide you with updates if and when your friends join 3DPrinterOS. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the 3DPrinterOS Service. You may also unlink your third party account from the Service by adjusting your settings on the third party service.
- Cookies and similar technologies:
- We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device, which provide us with technical information when you access or use the Services. This technical information includes device and network information, cookies, log files and analytics information.
- When you visit the Services, a cookie will be stored on your computer. Generally, cookies and similar technologies work by assigning to your browser or device a unique number that has no meaning outside of 3DPrinterOS. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. To manage the collection of information through cookies or other equivalent technology you can use the settings on your browser or mobile device. Not accepting cookies may make certain features of the Services unavailable to you. 3DPrinterOS may also use your IP address to identify you, to administer the Services and to assist in diagnosing problems with the Services.
- The Services use log files. Stored information includes IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer, protect and secure the Services. IP addresses, etc., may be linked to session IDs, email addresses and device identifiers.
Detailed information about Personal Data we collect and purposes of collection you can read in our Data Handling Policy.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties who provide services to 3DPrinterOS such as supporting and improving the Services, promoting the Services, processing payments, or fulfilling orders. These service providers will only have access to the information necessary to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to protect and secure your information.
- Affiliates and Acquirors of our Business or Assets:
The information we collect is not shared with or sold to other organizations, except to provide products or services you’ve explicitly requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances: Where it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service of the specific application, or as otherwise required by law.
- Third Party Business via API or Other Integrations:
- When you use or connect to a 3DPrinterOS website or download the 3DPrinterOS mobile app by or through a Third Party Platform, such as Facebook or other social networking site, you allow us to access and/or collect certain information from your Third Party Platform profile/account (such as your Facebook account) or via any cookies placed on your device by such Third Party Platform as permitted by the terms of the agreement and your privacy settings with the Third Party Platform. We will share such information with the Third Party Platform for their use as permitted by the terms of the agreement and your privacy setting with the Third Party Platform. We will share some of the information we collect from you upon install of the mobile app with vendors and other service providers who are engaged by or working with us in connection with the operation of the services we provide to you and/or for analytics purposes which may require the reproduction and display of such information in an aggregated and anonymized manner such that will not in any way identify you.
HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
- Safeguarding your information:
- We take several measures to safeguard the collection, transmission and storage of the data we collect. Although we strive to employ reasonable protections for your information that are appropriate to its sensitivity, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of the information you share with us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content. No system is 100% secure. The Services uses industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of personal information and credit card numbers. The Services are registered with site identification authorities so that your browser can confirm 3DPrinterOS’s identity before any personally identifiable information is sent. In addition, 3DPrinterOS’s secure servers protect this information using advanced firewall technology. To help ensure that these measures are effective in preventing unauthorized access to your private information, you should be aware of the security features available to you through your browser. You should use a security-enabled browser to submit your credit card information and other personal information at the Services. Please note that if you do not use a SSL-capable browser, you are at risk for having data intercepted.Most browsers have the ability to notify you if you change between secure and insecure communications, receive invalid services identification information for the Services you are communicating with, or send information over an unsecured connection. 3DPrinterOS recommends that you enable these browser functions to help ensure that your communications are secure. You can also monitor the URL of the services you are visiting (secure URLs begin with https:// rather than http://), along with the security symbol of your browser to help identify when you are communicating with a secure server. You can also view the details of the security certificate of the services to which you are connected. Please check the validity of any Services you connect to using secure communications.
- 3DPrinterOS accounts require an email and password to log in. You must keep your email and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Account passwords are encrypted, which means we cannot see your passwords. We cannot resend forgotten passwords either. We will only reset them.
- Notice of Breach of Security:
- If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you or your information, then 3DPrinterOS will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
- While 3DPrinterOS continues to work hard to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, and 3DPrinterOS cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to 3DPrinterOS. Transmitting personal information is done at your own risk.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION:
- Updating account information:
- You may update your account information and email-communication preferences at any time by logging into your account and changing your account settings. If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can firstname.lastname@example.org. 3DPrinterOS will typically respond to your request within 7-10 business days.
- Adjusting notification and email preferences:
- You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided at the bottom of each type of communications or by emailing email@example.com. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests.
- You may not opt out of any administrative or service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices), as they are necessary to provide the Services you requested.
- Deleting information and accounts:
- 3DPrinterOS users can request deletion of their account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Request for Account Deletion”. Once deleted, your data, including your user profile, files and print history cannot be reinstated.
EU MEMBER’S RIGHTS
If you reside in the European Union, you have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited circumstances. We describe these rights below:
- You can access much of your information by logging into your account. If you require additional access or a copy of your data please 3DPrinterOS users can request an export of their personal data by emailing email@example.com with the subject line of “Request to Export Data”. All requests for data export will be asked to submit further verification (I.E. Photo ID, confirming payment method on file) proving they have the authority to make the aforementioned request.
- Rectify, Restrict, Limit, Delete:
- You can also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your information by accessing your account. If you are unable to do this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, 3DPrinterOS will typically respond to your request within 7-14 business days.
- Where we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons.
- Where you have previously provided your consent, such as to permit us to send promotional emails, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time. For example, you can withdraw your consent by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional communication. If you have any further questions about revoking consent please email email@example.com.
- Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
- The Services are operated from the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and choose to use the Services or provide information to us, you acknowledge and understand that your information will be transferred, processed and stored in the United States, as it is necessary to provide the Services and perform the Terms of Service. United States privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES: